Friday, December 3, 2010

Hello World

 I wish I could start this blog from the beginning.    I can't.

The beginning for me was sometime in 2005.     Online poker was all the rage.  I had probably just finished watching the film Rounders, and on a whim,  deposited $100 to Full Tilt Poker;  played obsessively for a week or two and managed to build my bankroll to $128.96 before becoming distracted, or maybe bored, then promptly leaving my account to languish, forgotten, for nearly 5 years. 

Fast forward to April 2010.   To fend off another bout of boredom, I rediscovered my account.  Did a whole bunch of reading about the game.   Withdrew my original $100.  Then proceeded to lose $18.80 of the winnings that were left over in the account.    At least this time I was more organized;  I used the original deposit to purchase Poker Tracker software.   See below:

April 2010 -  Tournaments Played: 27 Money Lost: -$18.80



Of course losing $18 is no fun, so I left the game again until November of this year (2010).  I'm back and willing to practice proper 'Bankroll Management' and also keep a journal of my progress.   With this shiny new blog.   I'm on a path toward certain riches.  I can't lose.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Fantastic Blog, it’s so helpful to me, and your blog is very good.
    Poker rakebackr

    ReplyDelete